Friday, December 7, 2012

It's been a while!

I feel like I have hardly been posting on here. I have been doing cookies but they are all cookies you've seen, so there is no point in posting! I think I'm going to get my Xmas kicks out tomorrow, though, when Joe goes to do "guy stuff" with dudes at work. I started my new job working for Farmer's Insurance and so far it's pretty good. Obviously I have a huge learning curve to get around but all in all it's not bad. Last weekend Joe and I went to an "Ugly Christmas Sweater" party with people he works with. It was a great time. 

Joe, Jett, and I went to Goodwill to find some clothes. Joe found a pair of red pants (grandma style)... no offense, grandma, an itchy green sweater, and a pair of women's gold shoes. I found a red turtleneck and got creative in the vest section and found a great snowman vest. I was pretty pumped about my find. After we checked out and got home, Joe decided to try on my vest (with no shirt) and decided that HE wanted it. Being the loving girlfriend I am, I obliged him and doned his SUPER itchy sweater that... let's face it... wasn't even that Christmas-y. There was a "prize" for whoever had the ugliest outfit. I wasn't going for ugly. I was going for ugly-cute and Joe stole my look. I had no chance of winning. Joe promised, "I'll share my prize with you if I win."

Yes, Joe did win the contest. I think it's mostly because he was wearing all women's clothing from head to toe. Honestly, I would have never won in that sweater vest.



 If you'll notice... I'm not wearing my red turtleneck either. I gave it to Jett.... so I wore 0% of my Goodwill purchase.




The prize, you ask? Oh... it's so grand. At this moment it is standing proudly in front of our fireplace...

I just let Joe keep the prize for himself.....


No comments:

Post a Comment