Monday, August 6, 2012

HOTlanta!

Joe and I decided that we should spend just ONE more weekend in Atlanta when we only have to drive 2 hours to get there. On our Atlanta bucket list we decided we needed to stop at the Vortex Bar and Grill to get some of the best burgers we've had (plus it was featured on an episode of Man vs Food).


This is the delicious Yokohama Mama Burger with tots.... and I swear, those were the best tots I've ever had. And if you had any doubt in your mind... I practically licked the plate clean.

After the Vortex we went shopping at probably the nicest mall I have ever seen in my life. I was in heaven! They had Prada, Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, and countless other stores I couldn't afford and didn't bother going in to. However, it was fun just window shopping. I walked away with a new pencil skirt for job interviews at a whopping $23 from Express (I am a bargain shopper).



Those Vortex burgers could only fuel us for so long after the marathon shopping we did, so before leaving and heading to the hotel we got some pizza to go from the California Pizza Kitchen. I love the frozen pizzas from California Pizza Kitchen that I get at Walmart.. so of course fresh was way better!

Joe is totally rubbing off on me and my food choices and I think I may be rubbing off on him. When it comes to pizza I am a cheese, cheese, and more cheese girl as far as toppings are concerned and he is always ordering something unique and different. Well, we traded places at the California Pizza Kitchen where HE ordered the 5 cheese pizza with tomato and I ordered the Gorgonzola Pear pizza with caramalized onions. They were both very good. I was proud of myself for stepping outside the box.

This is the best picture I took from the World of Coke. But like a dedicated photographer, Joe had his fancy camera and took many great pictures that I will put up as soon as I get them on my computer! The BEST part of the World of Coke was the Tasting room where we got to taste over 60 flavors of pop or what some might call "soda" that Coke makes that is popular in other countries. Some were DELICIOUS.. some where like syrup... and some I can't believe people would actually spend money on. But to each their own! Needless to say, we got our caffeine fix for the weekend. All in all it was a great trip and we will miss Atlanta!



No comments:

Post a Comment