Friday, November 2, 2012

Cookies for Sale!

About a month ago I got a message on Etsy from a lady that is heading a craft sale at her church here in Albuquerque. She asked if I'd like to be a part of it and sell my cookies, and I just couldn't pass up that opportunity! Thanks to my beautiful mother and my bestie, Marin, I now I have PLENTY of business cards to hand out as well! I decided to take on the challenge of making enough cookies for this craft sale stress free. I have no idea how many I need to bring so my goal was 100. I believe that after tonight I'm somewhere around 80-something. I thought that would be enough. Along with that I'm going to have a slideshow and of course, my cards to give out. The church also asked that I donate something to be auctioned off so I thought it'd be a great time to try out cookie pops. It was a success. Since I planned on making so many cookies I decided that super detailed (my favorite) would not be a good choice. If I was going to make this many cookies in one week then they would have to be quick and easy. The cookie designs that made the list are....

  • Hello Kitty (third time trying to make them and I finally succeeded)
  • T-Rex
  • Stegosaur
  • baseballs
  • basketballs
  • butterflies
  • hearts
  • alien faces (of course this was Joe's suggestion)
  • zebra print
  • leopard print
  • Spiderman faces
  • ladybugs
  • pumpkins
  • Darth Vader
Am I missing any? Oh yeah, I guess the flowers for the flower cookie pops! WHEW! I know that looks like a lot, but I tried my best to combine colors so I wouldn't have to over do it. That was actually how I tackled this whole thing... thinking about which colors could be used on multiple designs that would be easy. Still.... I have about every color in the rainbow on my cookies. Now... a lot of these cookies you've seen before so I'm only posting the ones I was really proud of.



Joe helped me to figure out how to do this last night at Michael's Craft Store. I think it turned out neat! And surprisingly sturdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment