Saturday, November 10, 2012

No Cutter? No Problem!

I recently got an order for 5 dozen cookies in the shape of a number 1. Simple enough, right? Well... it turns out that most stores around here only have that number in a very small size. I have two and they are both only about 1-1.5" tall. The order was for numbers that were 3-4 inches long. I scoped out amazon and found the perfect cutter there for $13. But I needed it for this order within a day. The shipping plus the cutter would have been almost $50! That's when I decided that I needed to get creative. I went to Walmart and bought a large piece of oak tag paper, drew out a number 1... FREEHAND because I don't have a printer... and ta-da! I had to hand cut 60 cookies. It took a couple hours to complete the process but I had my good friend, Lauren, on the phone and so she helped the time pass. To cut out the cookie this way all I had to do was line the counter with wax paper, lay the oak tag one on my rolled out dough, and take a small knife and cut along the line. Here's how they turned out!


Very simple, but this was a blessing since I had to do 60 of them. It really didn't take long! In the order my customer requested fushcia and a "curry" yellow from the paper source, They were pretty close!

1 comment: