Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mean Green Juice Cleanse!

Today is the official start to a juice cleanse that Joe and I are doing. His juicer came yesterday in the mail so we went to the grocery store to get our fruits/veggies, a pizza, some Woodchuck, and chocolate pie. Of course the pizza, hard cider, and pie are NOT a part of the diet (I wish). We were having one last meal before starting our juice diet. Initially we were going to do 2 weeks... but after seeing exactly how many groceries we need to make this juice, we might be cutting it down to a week. You are supposed to drink this 6 times a day...

  • 1 piece ginger
  •  1 cucumber
  •  1/2 lemon
  •  6 kale leaves
  •  2 granny smith apples
  •  4 celery stalks


  • Yeah.. that's a lot of groceries. And although you drink it 6x a day, it makes two full sized glasses, so really you are drinking 12 glasses of it a day!

    We started the morning by weighing ourselves and making our juice. After weighing myself I am toying with the idea of never working out and dieting again... because I weighed the same as I did in Georgia when I was working out 5-6 days a week and logging everything I ate. But.. that's besides the point. We are doing the cleanse to do just that... cleanse ourselves. It really didn't taste all that bad! I thought it would be awful but the lemon and ginger really save it. This is only the first juice of the first day... I might be singing a different tune 6 days from now!

    CHEERS!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment