Saturday, October 6, 2012

TGIF.. I Think Not

Friday was such a looooooong day. Dierks had been sick for a couple of days and after waking up yet again to find he had thrown up in "his" bedroom I decided to take him to the vet. Let me just say that ever since I moved my emotions have been going haywire. I am very happy and LOVE Albuquerque (and of course Joseph) but I will cry at the drop of a hat! I will cry at commercials, TLC shows.... including "Say Yes to the Dress", I cried when the dog pooped in the bathroom. So when it came to my little meow meow being sick, I was a little sensitive. I got him an early morning appointment and when the Dr. started looking at him he said that he was dehydrated and that if we didn't get this all solved he was going to have to be hospitalized... at TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. I. bawled. I bawled because I knew all the tests and shots were going to cost a lot of money and I currently have no income. I love my Dierks so much, but I was afraid little kitty was going to have to go to sleep.. indefinitely if something was seriously wrong and I couldn't afford it. I gave a pitiful look to the doctor and said "Sorry, I'm a crier.... I'm sure a lot of people cry in here, huh?"..... response from doctor and nurse?...... blank stares. "Or not," I said.

 In the end I chose a few of the options, got some meds, got the cat re-hydrated, and came back home.

I am happy to say that $345 later, Dierks is finally eating and drinking water again and hasn't thrown up in 36 hours.


Dierks the first day I got him (7 weeks old)

Not much has changed!



But the BEST part of the day was finding that the dog hadn't destroyed the house or gone to the bathroom anywhere in the apartment while I was gone. (We decided to stop putting him in the kennel after his Houdini escape).

WAIT WAIT... I'M NOT DONE!

I now have 3, yes THREE etsy orders this week. That makes 7 orders for this month so far! At the last minute last night I got an order for 2 dozen super hero cookies and she wants them by next Friday. Considering that these cookies are 4" x 5", and I had 2 orders due at the same time... I thought I should start baking. I baked, and baked, and baked. and after making three batches of cookie dough... I was short by 3 gingerbread men. So I had to make another batch just for three cookies. It was a long day, oh yes, but at the end everything was fixed. Now I am looking forward to a weekend at the Balloon Festival with Joe's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment