Monday, October 15, 2012

Nightmare Before Christmas Cookies

Yesterday I spent many hours filling orders for Star Wars cookies and Nightmare Before Christmas Cookies. They turned out great! Today I just gave myself time to complete my 2 dozen Super Hero cookies and then I would have a few days off. Well.. remember when I mentioned my dog has separation anxiety? Well... FUNNY STORY. When I went to the store to get butter and some other things I wrapped him in his Thundershirt and was literally gone about 30 minutes. When I came home the first thing I saw besides my dog's face was something green and black and round on the floor. Hmmm..?? What's that? I asked myself. Within seconds I reached the kitchen to find a cluster of little round things all over the floor surrounded by crumbs and colors of green, black, purple.... and many more. MY DOG ATE MY NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS COOKIES THAT I SPENT HOURS ON YESTERDAY. Now, in his defense (which is REALLY hard for me to mention) I forgot to put the cookies away when I left. After banishing the dog, not so nicely, to the back porch I sat on the floor and let a few tears shed before I picked myself up, brushed up the crumbs, called Joe, and started baking cookies again. I have hours of work ahead of me considering I had to bake over 50 cookies to make up for the lost work and the work I have to do today. That alone took 3.5 hours. I tried really, very hard to look on the bright side and I guess the bright side is that the Star Wars cookies were already packaged and I got pictures of the cookies before the dog ate them. Also, it shouldn't take me so long to make them since I have the process down. On the not so bright side, my lackluster affection for my dog has plummeted and now I only like him enough to feed him on a regular basis. I'm sure I'll forgive him eventually... probably not until these cookies are done and I can sleep. Until then, I don't like him and I'm not ashamed to say it. So the Thundershirt will be returned and I'm going to get my $40 back! Well... here are the pictures I managed to take before Houdini had his morning snack....





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment