Monday, February 25, 2013

Africa Adoption Cookies

In my "teacher" days (which hopefully aren't officially over) I had the pleasure of working with and for the MOST wonderful families you could think of. I know every teacher says this about their students and their parents, but they still hold a very special place in my heart. When I go to bed at night I sometimes dream about being a teacher again and seeing all my students. I miss so many of them, and even many of their parents. It can be a stressful job, but now that I'm not doing it anymore I understand what they say when teachers express the "fulfillment" they get out of it. Considering my new military "wifey" lifestyle, I don't know if teaching is a reasonable goal for me anymore. Only time will tell.

But this is what I am really getting at... two of my students have absolutely wonderful families that are so full of love, they are spreading the love worldwide. They are each in the process of adopting from Africa. I have made cookies for their fundraiser to help raise money for the very pricey process. If you would like to donate please go to the blogs below. One is for the Veach family and one is for the Kiley family. Knowing them personally and being around each of their little boys daily for two years... I can say without a doubt that their new family members are going to be so blessed.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment