Friday, February 22, 2013

Golden Girls Cookies

February 24th is my very good friend, Lauren's, birthday. Lauren and Marin have been my friends since the 8th grade.... about 14 years and counting. These ladies know everything about me and at times know me better than I think I know myself. Because of this they belong to a small, elite group of those who I consider to be the most important and influential people in my life. I had the time the time this month to get creative and I though.."perfect opportunity to do something for Lauren's birthday!" so I put my thinking cap on and thought... and thought... and thought. It took me a couple of days of trying to find inspiration and brainstorming what would represent her the most. Then, it hit me.

THE GOLDEN GIRLS.

Lauren and I share a rare but deep love for the show The Golden Girls. We used to sit in my bed and eat junk food, gossip, and laugh hysterically at those old birds.  We even came to the conclusion that if any of the girls represented us then she would be Sophia and I would be.... Dorothy. I wasn't exactly thrilled at that conclusion. We also decided Marin would be Blanche.

I fired up my PC and started searching for Golden Girls images. I finally stumbled upon a real gem of a caricature of the four ladies. With a little imagination and a little help of my copy kake projector.. this is what emerged....



The lady is obviously Sophia (Lauren's alter ego) and the purse represents the little woven purse she ALWAYS carries around on the show. The palm tree to represent Florida where they live and "Stay Golden" because no matter how many birthdays Lauren has... she will always be golden in my eyes... and there you have it. 

I already have ideas for Marin's birthday, but I don't think I can wait until November to make them, so she may be getting 1/2 birthday cookies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment