Saturday, February 2, 2013

UPS Cookies

I was lucky enough to be able to come back to Iowa last week for my dad's retirement party. He has retired from UPS after 41 years. My brother flew me back on his frequent flyer miles for only $35 and no baggage fees. I also go to visit my students (now 2nd graders) at recess and lunch. I got so many hugs and I was scolded several times for wearing moccasins outside with no socks (and I loved every minute of it.) Of course, while I was home I planned on making special cookies for my dad's retirement party... how could a girl resist? This time I had the help of my mom to finish the cookies from start to finish the Friday before his party. Here's how they turned out.


My dad now refuses to wear brown shirts since he spent most of his life covered from head to toe in brown at work.

On top of getting to celebrate with my dad and visit my old stomping grounds at school, I jam packed a lot of quality time in with my lovely friend, Lauren, and my family. Although my stay at home was only for 4 days, it was all filled with quality time.

No comments:

Post a Comment