Monday, September 3, 2012

Altitude

It's amazing what a change in altitude can do to not only your body... but your cookies! In the past week I have learned that in high altitude, even walking up the flight of steps to your 2nd floor apartment can run you out of breath. It will make you tired enough to just want to crawl into bed (literally) at 8:30 at night. I'm trying to figure out if it's the altitude or just Dierks swallowing his food whole that makes him throw up twice a morning. It will also SERIOUSLY mess with your baking. It's safe to admit this since my dad probably never checks my blog, but his birthday is this Saturday and I wanted to ship him some cookies. I heard that high altitude could change the way your baked goods turned out, but I guess I just had to learn first hand. I just spend the past 2 hours baking two complete batches of cookies and praying that the second one would turn out... luckily it did!

 Of course these are going to be Iowa Hawkeye helmets... you kew I had to get my dedication to the Hawks from someone! I will post pictures of them once they are frosted.

No comments:

Post a Comment