Monday, September 10, 2012

Sketching Out Designs... Star Wars Cookies!

I am on a ROLL tonight! My third post in one sitting. I just don't want to be completely overwhelming by cramming all this information into one post! As previously mentioned I try to utilize the same colors into more than one cookie set. I also mentioned that I like to sketch out my cookies before I actually start decorating them with icing. I have found that the process in which I draw them is very close to the order in which I need to use my icing.

My initial drawings for my Star Wars characters. I always trace the outline of the cutter so I can get an accurate idea of how big all of my details need to be. As you can see... the Stormtrooper didn't make the cut. I just wasn't happy with how he was turning out.

I don't try to draw everything out perfectly, just accurately enough to get a good idea of how I'm going to decorate with icing!


 
The end result! Chewbacca, R2D2, Yoda, Boba Fett, and Darth Vader!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment