Monday, September 10, 2012

Arrrrgh!

While grocery shopping with Joe at Smith's, I found a GREAT cookie cutter. On the package it showed a skull, a shrunken head, and another green skull with a bandana. But I saw so much more! If there is anything that I have learned from my cookie idol Sugarbelle , it's that a cookie cutter shape can literally be turned in to ANYTHING. Today I put my creativity to the test and tried to think of what else this cookie cutter could be. Now I will admit that I was inspired by the bandana on the skull and then I sketched out a pirate. I have found that I MUST sketch out my designs before going to town on a cookie. It not only helps me to figure out exactly how I want it to look, but it also helps me to figure out which steps need to come first  since frosting has to dry before you can add more details.

 These pirates mimmicked my drawing almost exactly. As I saw them come to life I literally squealed with excitement, Joe can attest to that!
 
 
Not always, but every now and then, when Joe sees me working on cookies he asks to decorate his own and I always oblige him. How could I not?! Look at his two pirate cookies on the bottom!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment