Monday, September 3, 2012

Great Albuquerque Weekend

Joe's mom came to visit this weeked and so we took advantage of the tourist attractions that Albuquerque has to offer. Today we went to a GREAT part of Albuquerque called "Old Town." It is the original area where Albuquerque was founded and where settlers first started building. Today we ate lunch that is historically a home that was built in the late 1700s! People have turned the area into specialty stores where you can find souvenirs, artwork, jewelry, and tasty treats. I'm not a fan of spicy food, but when I saw a "New Mexico Snapping Turtle" treat, I had to try it. It was a turtle cluster made out of peanuts, milk chocolate, and caramel, only there was chili powder in the caramel! Debra (Joe's mom) turned around and after seeing the huge bite I took out of mine said, "Oh my goodness! You took a big bite! Just wait!" and seconds later... my throat was burning and I was trying to muffle my coughs. It was tasty enough before the burn, but I think next time I will pass up on chocolate with red chiles in it.
 
 Joe and his mom
 
 
Just a small part of Old Town. The buildings were so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment