Monday, September 10, 2012

Getting Creative with Cookie Cutters

As I said in my previous post, one thing that I have learned is to try to see a cookie cutter as more than one shape. In my head I turn it, flip it, stretch it, and try my best to find some other use for it. In order to save myself time, I also try to think of designs/characters/themes that are different but would use similar colors so I don't have to remake colors again and again. Well today I made pirates and Star Wars characters! But I stray... the full Star Wars cast I created will have to be my next post. This one is SOLELY focusing on using cookie cutters in unexpected ways.

 These cutters were originally intended to be a witch's cauldron (sorry it's upside down), a skull, and a spider (which I stretched to fit today's purposes).
 
The cauldron was turned into a treasure map (compliments of Joe!), the skull was turned into a pirate and a cow, and the spider is now Yoda! What other ideas can you come up with?!

No comments:

Post a Comment