Thursday, September 27, 2012

Custom order

I got my very first custom order this week. It was inspired by my owl cookies I made for the Animal Shelter. She asked me to make lions and cookies that said "Phi Mu <3". They are going to a very lucky sorority girl! In order to make the lion cookies I had to mix up orange, yellow, and pink. So I figured... I might as well finish the Sugar Skull cookies I had intended on making over a week ago. There are just so many colors to make with it! I also decided to go ahead and make cupcake cookies since I had so many colors at my disposal! I found the cupcake cookie cutter at Walmart this week. Pretty darn cute if you ask me. I spent literally then entire day decorating sugar cookies... so my consequence is spending literally the entire day today studying for my Insurance License. Boo... at first I didn't mind going back to my college days, but now I am reminded what it's like to just sit and read... and read... and read. On the upside... at least I can have the tv on (muted of course) and I can get up and go whenever I please. And believe me... I find many excuses to get up and go. I can list off several right now...

"The dog needs a walk"
"The dog wants attention"
"I should get a drink"
"My stomach sort of rumbled... better eat"
"I'm cold"
"I'm hot"
"I'm going to look on Etsy"
"I'm going to check facebook"
"I'm going to post a blog"
"Better take pictures of my new sugar cookies"
..... The possiblities of procrastination are endless...... and I have a creative mind. :)

Cupcake cookies!

Sugar Skulls

Lion Cookies
 
 
My FIRST Custom Order!

No comments:

Post a Comment