Friday, September 14, 2012

Cat meets Dog.... Dun Dun Dun

So... cat and dog met. Completely on accident. Scared the daylights out of me. The animal clinic AND the helpline I called about the situation both said it needs to be VERY gradual and done with caution. HOWEVER, Dierks.. the sneaky little devil he is... managed to get out of the spare bedroom. How did he do it? Who knows, Houdini probably couldn't even figure that one out. All I know is that when I cam inside from taking a walk with Harrison I shut the door behind me and heard a "HIISSSSSSS" coming from the coffe table a mere 4 ft away from where the dog and I stood. I acted more surprised than the dog did. Apparently Harrison is used to cats... cause he didn't care at all. His ears perked up and he just stood there. Not a peep, not a movement. AND THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT. If that dog had lunged at that cat.. I'm fairly certain the world would have ended and we would have never seen Dierks again. After some coaxing and treats on my part, the next thing I knew the dog and the cat were together. In the same room. Eating. Dierks got close enough to touch noses with Harrison but apparently Harrison just smells terrible because he then proceeded to hiss in his face. Reaction from Harrison? Nothing. So now both animals are in the same room and both are sleeping. How did this miracle happen? No clue. But I can tell you one thing... I will be tip toeing around the situation hoping that the dog doesn't get excited and the cat doesn't explode from panic. Wish us all luck. These next 24 hours could be interesting!

Harrison not caring about Dierks
 
Dierks not caring about Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment