Thursday, September 13, 2012

Harrison

So here's the story. While talking with my wonderful, beautiful, and extremely intelligent friend, Lauren, I realized "OH MY GOSH! Now is the perfect time for Joe and I to get a dog!" So I did what any normal girl would do, I went ahead and started looking up dogs online. Yup. And by the time Joe came home I was practically crying thinking "These poooor animals! We need to adopt one!" So pretty much the second he walked through the door I jumped up and said "Joe... we really, really, really, really, really, REALLY, need a puppy." His response you ask? "Ok, let me change and I'll look with you."

I.could.not.believe.it.

So we started our hunt. We saw so many cute puppies. Adorable, really. But then Joe came across a dog's picture at one of the shelter's who's name was "Gabe". Gabe was a very handsome looking dog but he was 7 years old and we (or I) had our heart(s) set on a puppy. Joe pretty much fell in love with Gabe from the moment he laid eyes on him. We made a list of dogs we wanted to see and the next day when he got off work we went to the Animal Shelter to look. Gabe was the second dog we saw and we didn't bother looking at the third on the list. He was quiet, sweet, and I thought that out of all the dogs we could get that Dierks would probably tolerate him best. (BTW we have yet to find out if they get along. We are supposed to keep them apart without seeing eachother for at least a week. That will be a whole other post entirely I'm sure)

So this morning I got the "ok" from the landlord and we picked up Gabe... who is NOW known as... HARRISON!

 

 First things first... he got a bath
 
 
And he did great.... what a patient boy. We're excited to see what the coming years bring!
 
(Poor Dierks, he's locked up in the spare bedroom. I'll have to give him plenty of some quality
cuddle-time later)
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment